Careers resource pack
Our new careers resource pack is ‘ready to go’!
For teachers, this is a ready-made set of lessons with everything you need for either a one-off lesson or a full unit of five lessons. There are lesson plans, slide packs and pupil materials for each of the five lessons. Use some, any or all of the materials to suit your group/class.
For careers advisers, the pack includes everything you need to know about NHSScotland careers for use in one-to-one career guidance, group sessions, drop-in clinics and/or events e.g. parents’ evenings.
The pack contains a comprehensive booklet called ‘A Career for You in Health’ which is a guide to every job family in NHSScotland. This booklet contains everything you need to know about entry requirements, skills, values and much more for each job role.
Our job family leaflet shows all NHSScotland job families ‘at a glance’ which could be used with individuals, small groups, classes or at events such as parents’ evenings.
We've also included an NHSScotland Careers teaching unit with resources for use in one-to-one career guidance, group sessions, drop-in clinics and events like parents’ evenings. These include:
- ready-made slide packs e.g. ‘Introduction to NHSScotland’.
- a ‘word bank’ with vocabulary for use in CVs or to support understanding of NHSscotland job advertisements.
- job profiles for a variety of job roles in NHSScotland, from gardener to doctor, from midwife to IT engineer!
To ensure that the learning is relevant for use in schools or by school pupils, the resource pack aligns with:
- SDS Career Education Standards
- Curriculum for Excellence: Health and Wellbeing Experiences and Outcomes
- SDS Career Management Skills framework
Look no further for a source of information and materials about NHSScotland careers!
Download the pack today using the links below.
Resource pack guidance
Career guidance resources
- Lesson 3 word bank
- Lesson 3 slides
- Lesson 3 plan
- Job description template
- Job description guidance sheet