You will be encouraged to develop your career in NHSScotland and you will be given the training you need for the job including:
- All Standard Operating Procedures
- Quality Management Policies
- External Quality Assessment and Internal Quality Control
- Laboratory and Hospital Health and Safety
- Risk Management
In addition, you'll also be required to adhere to local policies and current data protection legislation, such as GDPR.
In NHSScotland, Healthcare Science Assistant Practitioners start on band 4 of the NHS Agenda for Change (AfC) pay system.
During your career, you may have the opportunity to study for additional qualifications, in order to:
- keep your knowledge and skills up to date
- become skilled in advanced technologies and learn how to use new equipment
- progress to more senior or specialist roles in Healthcare Science
These qualifications will help your career prospects, leading to more senior roles, such as a Biomedical Scientist, Specialist Biomedical Scientist or Healthcare Science Manager. They could also provide the opportunity for you to specialise in areas of Biomedical Science, such as blood sciences, cellular sciences, or infection sciences.