This qualification is ideal if you want to work and build a career working in a range of environments including hospitals, health centres, community centres and residential homes.
Clinical Healthcare Support Workers care for and support patients and service users. Some roles which this might lead to are outlined here
SVQ in Healthcare Support at SCQF levels 6 and 7
This Modern Apprenticeship programme is based around the SVQ in Healthcare Support at SCQF levels 6 and 7. The qualifications at both levels contain three mandatory units.
To achieve an SVQ 2, you will take the three mandatory units and three optional Units. For SVQ 3, you will take three mandatory units and five optional units.
The mandatory units for SVQ 2 Healthcare Support (Clinical) and SVQ 2 Healthcare Support (Non Clinical) are:
- Communicate Effectively in a Healthcare Environment
- Make Sure your Own Actions Reduce the Risks to Health and Safety
- Carry out your responsibilities at Work 2
The mandatory units for SVQ 3 Healthcare Support (Clinical) and SVQ 3 Healthcare Support (Non Clinical) are:
- Promote Effective Communication in a Healthcare Environment
- Maintain Health and Security Practices within a Health Setting
- Reflect on and Develop your Practice Check out the SQA site for more information on these SVQs
Contact your local NHS Board to find out if the Modern Apprenticeship in Healthcare Support is offered in your area.
Find out more at the SQA website